Thursday, January 24, 2008

Queespawn Radical Cheer

I was flipping through a copy of COLAGE's newsletter Just for Us and came across the cheer that the high school radical cheerleaders workshop performed at Familyweek last summer. It reminded me just how much I love this community. Here is the text:

The nation now is so uptight
All queerspawn have got to unite
The G-O-V's got hate and spite
So us queerspawn gotta shed some light

Chorus:
Resist! Resist! The system that we're in
Picture-perfect families don't let every one in
(repeat)

Families on TV have a mom and a dad
My family's different and we sure are rad
I see you you shooting that documentary
but that's not everybody's family
Families of color and KOTs
Single parents and divorc'es
Second-gen's not what they want to see
Resist the expectation that they have for me!

CHORUS

If all our families come together as one
That's the way it's gonna get done!

No comments: