Monday, December 17, 2007

Dinner with another KOT

I had dinner with my friend Jonathan a few nights ago. He is a self-described nomad and quite an interesting fellow. We met through the COLAGE community via internet and phone. This past fall, we met in person at Southern Comfort in Atlanta, where we sat on a panel of people with transgender parents. His father is also a woman. She transitioned when Jonathan was twenty-one. Jonathan is a storyteller and seeks the stories of others with transgender parents to create an anthology of essays. If I can figure out how to post audio, I will post a recording of his story 'I am My Father's Son'.

We met up with my friend Ruby and saw this great SF band called Rupa and the April Fishes. It looks like they'll be traveling to NYC and Austin soon, so check them out.

Speaking of traveling, I'll be back on the east coast on Thursday night! I am looking forward to the snow and multitude of reunions.

No comments: